Sunday, June 19, 2011

How to trick your mind into dropping those few inches from your waist


Google pics
Have you ever used your own bag of tricks on your own self? I have. Remember the way I quit smoking? It’s been a year and half and I am still off those cigarettes. And now I am on a new mission. To lose a good three inches off my pot belly.

The curse of being over-weight could be attributed to many factors, from genetics to culture, but really, it is mostly due to the sheer lack of will power, viz: not committing to regular exercise and giving in to the moment. The whole of last year, I set my mind on trying to walk regularly and going somewhat easy on my poor dietary habits. Both have failed miserably. I could say the walks failed because it rains here all the time, with no apparent weather pattern, even though I didn’t walk on perfectly fine days, sometimes. Going easy on food seems really hard considering I eat out all the time, but more often than not, I am guilty of giving in to my taste buds rather than choosing the healthier options out there. Since the strategy of trying to burn up the calorie intake has clearly not worked, I have now revised my approach to, ‘Reduce the intake and walk whenever possible’. So here’s how I have reprogrammed my thinking and am strengthening my will power. I have hung a regular measuring tape outside the wardrobe and every morning, I spend just five seconds measuring my waist and telling myself, “I am not eating high calorie stuff today”, then I open the wardrobe and survey all the clothes I can’t fit into any more.

So far, it has worked. It has been fifteen days, since. Hopefully, it will work.

No comments:

Post a Comment